Thursday, February 17, 2011

Kittenhood Part Deux

Some have said that I'm a bit too cranky.  Yes, it's true, but I'm not cranky all the time.  I do love, it just took a long time to melt my little blackened heart.

After my captors figured out I was a girl, life was eh.  It was not bad.  I spent the summer going to work with the man and the girl.  The girl was growing on me since she spent most of the time playing with me instead of working.  I lived in my cardboard box next to her computer and this odd thing she called a fish tank.  I don't understand it, all I saw were little things floating around.  I guess fish are like bugs.  The girl had a fish at home too.  I don't understand what a fish is, but the water it is kept in tastes pretty good.


The girl did some stuff for the man on the computer while he did whatever it is he did in his office.  Sometimes there were people, but mostly it was quiet.  Not a bad way to spend a day, minus the cardboard box thing.  Apparently the place had too many hidey holes and the man didn't want me to discover them.  The man only stands to squash my fun.

The only thing that really stood out that summer was this odd person who used to visit.  They said he was a bread man.  I say he was a creeper.  He had that look, you know, the I'm trying to be dark and mysterious and instead I'm just weird.  The first time he saw me, he got this strange sad look on his face.  He kept staring between me and the fishy tank.  Eventually he told the girl that he had a cat once.  He went out one day and came back to find it dead.  How terrible says my girl.  The man says terrible, yes, I found him floating.

Floating?  Where could you possible drown in a house?  A pool?  That is what I thought, but no.  The cat drowned in the fish tank.  The girl and I could only look in bewilderment.  Sigh...I chalk it up to Darwinism.  What other explanation is there?

No comments:

Post a Comment