Thursday, February 17, 2011

I Suppose...

you should know a little bit about me...

I am a captive, held against my will.

It all started on a grimy summer day in 2003. Mom had gone off to find food, leaving the three of us under a tree in our outdoor home. I was merely sitting with my two siblings, minding my own business, when she appeared.

The original enemy.

She wanted to pet us. We were feral kittens, not nice little fluffy house cats. What was she thinking? This was my first experience of human stupidity.

Soon it started to rain, which was fine since we are feral cats and we live OUTDOORS. Stupid girl though we were in trouble and began to pick my siblings up. It is just rain, it is water, what could possibly happen? Oh no, we get wet. Guess what girl, we also dry off.

What could I do? Well I did what any self-respecting feral cat would do, run. My siblings...no running, no moving, nothing. Great, I also had stupid in my family. Mother would never touch us again if human hands held us. I began to pull my black and white sibling through a fence that was next to the tree. I counted the orange and white one as collateral damage and tried to move on. Unfortunately before blackie made it through the fence, the girl grabbed him. More collateral damage...onward I go.

I was stuck between two fences and burrowed under leaves thinking I was safe, but oh no no. Here comes girl, fitting through the fences. She grabbed me with those paws of hers. It was then I went inside. The infidel had me. I was now a prisoner of a never-ending war.

This is a diary for all the cats out there that have given up hope on freedom. To the cats who never see the outside world. To the cats who put up with dogs and "owners" who think it would be cute to dress up their kitties. This blog is for you!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you complain a lot but you must really love all the attention. I know I do!
    Love,
    Elvis

    ReplyDelete