Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Girl and I

I spent most of my time with the girl.  Not because I wanted to, but because she wanted to.  Personally I liked the girl's mother, momma cat.  She did not pester me or limit my fun or try to pet me.  I liked her best, but the girl was ok too.

She would put me in the window where this wonderful, fluttery things called birds were.  They made interesting noises that I often tried to imitate.  I would have loved to touch them, but there was this weird wiry mesh in the way.  I tried to rip it with my claws, but I never succeeded.

She would play with me and I would bite her.  Sometimes she would let me go outside, that is how I met those awful drool buckets known as dogs.  There were three of them, two small and one large.  They like to sniff in improper places.  As a lady, I would have none of that.  If one of them tried, I would quickly run to the girl and meow furiously until she picked me.  Yes, she picked me, it was the only time I allowed it.  Having my ass sniffed is much more foul than being in the girl's arms.  Those dogs never allowed me to find birds because they couldn't keep their noses to themselves.  Ugh...well, I really shouldn't speak ill of these three dogs because the two that live here now are MUCH worse.  I shall speak of them later, they are not important right now.


The girl loved to spend all day with me, but she wouldn't let me sleep on her bed at night.  I was forced to sleep on the bed with momma cat and the man.  It was treacherous because the man would occasionally roll over me in his sleep.  Have you ever been rolled over?  Did you weigh five pounds?  I don't think so.  He is heavy and gassy, two other things in a long list of what I don't like about the man.

Not only did the girl not let me sleep with her, but she would sleep much longer than momma cat and the man.  It would make me nervous.  I would meow outside her bedroom door.  Then momma cat got smart, if she wanted to wake the girl up, she would just open the bedroom door.  I would walk in and jump on her bed, but I couldn't find her.  Well, I mean she was there, but I could see her face.  It was covered by her hair so I would dig in her hair for her face.  This usually woke her up.

One day, the girl did not come home.  The next day she didn't come back either.  I wasn't sure what was going on.  The third day, no girl.  On the fourth day, momma cat scoped me up and stuck me in a basket.  These people are sticking me in boxes and baskets.  Why do they insist I be captive in a small space?

After a long time and quite a lot of movement, the basket opened and there was the girl.  We were in a strange place I had never seen before and there were a lot of kids looking at me too.  The other kids seemed happy, but the girl seemed sad.  She smiled at me, but she wouldn't play with me.  From what I understood, she was now living at college.  College is where humans supposedly get smarter while drinking.  She didn't want to be living at college.  She wanted to go home.

After a very tearful goodbye, I was put back into the basket.  I figured I wouldn't see the girl for a long time because I had heard that college takes a long time.  It must if they are drinking because alcohol certainly doesn't improve brain cells.  About three days later the girl came back home.  It was only supposed to be for a little while, but the girl started having nightmares.  So instead of going far for college, it was decided the girl would stay at home with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment